Wednesday 13 August 2008

M or F?

Remember in one of my previous posts how I criticised this other website that targets certain people? Well it seems that I was so caught up in thinking that the force(s) behind the website was female, that I completely forgot about the possibilities of it actually being a boy...

Quite a few people these days seem to forget that boys can actually be bitchy and quite mean towards other people too, it just doesn't occur as much as it can do in girls...so at times, when compared to the opposite sex when it comes to being "bitchy", boys seem to be quite normal...

A good example of the "bitchy" or "mean" side of males can be seen in the modelling/fashion industry; anyone who knows a bit about it knows that it is extremely harsh and that there are a lot of pressures for models to look a certain way...but where does this harshness and criticism come from? Well quite a majority of it comes from the mainly homosexual men who play a big role in this industry, whether they are fashion designers, modelling agents or photographers (if to name a few). Maybe because they have such a high status with quite a bit of power they feel like they can say anything they want to the models being booked, whether it's something nice or not...

But a majority of it seems to be pretty harsh, and it is because of certain males like them that certain models feel they have to lean over toilets on a regular basis and make themselves sick...all in the name of getting to a certain weight and trying to live up to their ridiculous standards...
To me, there is a difference between telling a model on how she can improve and be a better model and just being harsh; and if a model is forcing themselves to do those type of things, then the type of things being said to them can't be good can it?

I have more to say on that matter...but I think I'll stop there...what I'm trying to say is, males can be just as "bitchy" (if not worse) than females...so if the force behind the other website is actually male, then I take back all my accusations of the force being a "popular slutty girl"...

No comments: