Monday 14 July 2008

High School: Am I Really Ready?

For those who don't know what the High School people at my school are like, let me explain it to you...
It's in some ways similar to the people in Middle School, although in High School, while boys generally mature overall, certain ones become more cocky and arrogant. While the girls become bitchier and mainly become more obsessed with their weight overall...

Another thing that about 70% of high school students tend to lose is their individuality, while for the girls it sometimes can be their appetite for food...
I have always thought that a very large majority of High School students look the same; simply because of the way they dress....
Almost everyone in High school wears Abercrombie & Fitch all the time along with ridiculously tight skinny jeans (yes, on some boys too :S), Polo shirts on the boys and denim miniskirts on girls....

I just finished my last year of middle school, so I'll be part of this "wonderful" high school next year..
As much as I'm ready for the new teachers and more schoolwork, social wise I don't think I am..
Yes i know a few High School people, as i have my moments when I can be very social with people, but i know for a fact that there are some people in high school that have a problem with me...

When it comes to what is "pretty" and what isn't when it comes to girls, the only way someone will actually like you is if you are Swedish, Blonde or speak a second language.
None of these things, I am or can do, but I don't like any of these boys at my school anyway (thank God..)
Why High School people tend to be so narrow minded when it comes to a girls appearance I don't understand, but I am telling you now some won't hesitate to say what they thought was wrong about you if you were a girl...

Because of reasons like these and a few more...I think to myself "Am I ready for High School? Do I really want to surround myself with a***holes, fakes, wannabes and possibly bulimics too for that matter?"
That being thought I realised...I can deal with it, as long as i don't turn into one of them I'll be fine right? I mean...4 years go by very quickly these years...and it won't be long before quite a few of them are leaving themselves...

1 comment:

Brenna said...

I know the school you're talking about, yes, girls do tend to get bitchier, but i wouldnt say the boys get more mature, to the least. lol seriously...
but back to the girl mentality thing..it seems to have become a huge trend at our school, but i'd say its more the first 2 years..like yrs 10 and 11, i was only here from year 11 though so i wouldnt know, and it varies for every class too. In any case i noticed once IB started, there wasnt as much of a weight obsession..generally speaking.
anyway, i'd say dont expect a huge difference from last year, its the same people, a couple new ones too which cant hurt :)
live it, you'll come to like it at times, or at least one day looking back on it all. and you're right, it all happens really fast